By Bill Morrisroe, Chief Sales Officer, Smith Transportation Services, 3-25-21
If you ship both LTL and FTL, you also likely ship high pallet count shipments, in between those two modes. These are often referred to as Partials, Head Loads, Heavy LTL, Volume LTL, Half Truckload, and a variety of other terms. This is called The Freight Dead Zone, as most LTL providers do not want high pallet counts, and most shippers do not want to pay for a full truck when they only have half of a load. Welcome to Smith “Load To Ride” (LTR), which removes the barriers of shipping high pallet count orders via LTL providers, and saves time and money versus FTL providers.
What are the benefits of Smith Transportation Services LTR versus traditional LTL?
- Predictable shipment cost, as LTR uses Pallet Rates, not NMFC rates, which are often subject to rate changes due to dimensional rules, linear foot rules, and general mis-interpretation of freight class by shipper or LTL carrier.
- Virtually eliminates OS&D, as LTR is rarely cross-docked, it is a door-to-door service.
- Removal of OS&D means more intact deliveries, resulting in more In-Stock product, meaning more Sales Dollars for you and your customer. Resulting in more repeat orders for you as a shipper, and higher Sales for your company.
- Removal of OS&D eliminates Labor, fighting re-bills with LTL providers.
- Results in fewer damaged & returned orders, saving you re-processing costs.
- Ship 4×4 pallets up to 96” high at no additional cost, getting more product on each pallet, lowering your cost per carton.
- No double stacking of freight. We deliver in-route, another value-add of reduced handling.
What are the benefits of LTR versus FTL?
- Ship large pallet orders today, without waiting for your inventory to build a full truckload.
- Never pay for a full truckload unless you can fill it up 100%, making your freight spend the most accurate rate, in relation to the space you take up on the truck. Save 50%? Where do I sign up? www.Smith-Cargo.com !
- Allow Smith’s technology to Co-Load your large shipment with another one, greatly increasing your effectiveness while providing virtually no-touch service to your customer.
- LTR is the Green! Why have two trucks on the road taking up twice the needed fuel resources and emitting twice the carbon footprint, when Smith can Co-Load, reduce truck traffic on highways, and be most environmentally responsible.
DON’T GET CAUGHT IN THE DEAD ZONE
Ship Smarter-Share the Ride via Smith’s Tech-Enabled Solutions
Learn more at ContactSales@Smith-Cargo.com or 888-422-7417 option #3.